Christ the King and St Kentigern are a community of faith witnessing to the presence of Christ and proclaiming his Good News. We are a worshipping community celebrating meaningful Liturgy. We are part of the Blackpool Deanery, the Diocese of Lancaster and the Universal Church. We are a sign of Christ's presence in this area of Blackpool welcoming all to share in our parish life, church, schools and Parish Centre. Conscious of our human failings we acknowledge our need for continuous reconciliation and forgiveness.
Christ the King
Christ the King church is just a stone's throw from where the first Catholic Church for Grange Park started. The first Mass took place at Layton Hill Convent (now St Mary's and Christ the King schools) in a converted Shippon on 30 January 1949 before anyone had any real idea of how Grange Park would take shape. A few years later on 13 June 1954 Christ the King church on Chepstow Road was opened by Bishop Thomas Edward Flynn which served until the current church was opened on 11 September 2014 by the Bishop of Lancaster, Bishop Michael Campbell OSA.